- School caringscapes: Understanding how time and space shape refugee and immigrant adolescents' caring practices and wellbeing in Danish schools
Børsch A.S., Vitus K. & Skovdal M. (2021), I: Wellbeing, Space & Society. 2, 11 s., 100001.
- “It's difficult to help when I am not sitting next to them”: How COVID-19 school closures interrupted teachers’ care for newly arrived migrant and refugee learners in Denmark
Primdahl, N. L., Børsch, A. S., Verelst, A., Jervelund, S. S., Derluyn, I., & Skovdal, M. (2021). Vulnerable Children and Youth Studies, 16(1), 75-85.
- Health outcomes in young adulthood among former child refugees in Denmark, Norway and Sweden: A cross-country comparative study
Dunlavy, A., Gauffin, K., Berg, L., De Montgomery, C. J., Europa, R., Eide, K., Ascher, H., & Hjern, A. (2021). Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 9 s.
- The Care Ethics of Child Health Nurses in Danish Asylum Centers: An Ethnographic Study
Barghadouch, A., Norredam, M., & Skovdal, M. (2021). Global Qualitative Nursing Research, 7.
- Psychosocial Responses to Healthcare: A Study on Asylum-Seeking Families' Experiences in Denmark
Barghadouch, A., Norredam, M. Journal of Immigrant Minority Health (2021). 5 s.
- Social and ethnic disparities in stillbirth and infant death in Denmark, 2005-2016
Damsted Rasmussen, T., Villadsen, S. F., Kragh Andersen, P., Smith Jervelund, S., & Nybo Andersen, A-M. (2021). Scientific Reports, 11(1), .
- Recommendations for ethnic equity in health: A Delphi study from Denmark
Smith Jervelund S, Vinther-Jensen K, Ryom K, Villadsen SF, Hempler NF. Recommendations for ethnic equity in health: A Delphi study from Denmark. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. September 2021. 8 s.
- Mental Health of Refugee and Non-refugee Migrant Young People in European Secondary Education: The Role of Family Separation, Daily Material Stress and Perceived Discrimination in Resettlement
Spaas, C., Verelst, A., Devlieger, I., Aalto, S., Andersen, A. J., Durbeej, N., Hilden, P. K., Kankaanpää, R., Primdahl, N. L., Opaas, M., Osman, F., Peltonen, K., Sarkadi, A., Skovdal, M., Jervelund, S. S., Soye, E., Watters, C., Derluyn, I., Colpin, H., & De Haene, L. (2021). Journal of Youth and Adolescence.
- Implementation, Mechanisms and Context of the MAMAACT Intervention to Reduce Ethnic and Social Disparity in Stillbirth and Infant Health
Rasmussen, T. D., Johnsen, H., Jervelund, S. S., Christensen, U., Andersen, A-M. N., & Villadsen, S. F. (2021). International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(16), .
- Attempts to “forget”: unaccompanied refugee adolescents’ everyday experiences of psychosocial challenges and coping upon settlement
Jarlby, F., Derluyn, I., Vitus, K. & Jervelund, S. S., 2021, I: International Journal of Migration, Health and Social Care. 17, 2, 15 s.
- Introduction of user fee for language interpretation: effects on use of interpreters in Danish health care
Michaëlis, C., Krasnik, A., & Nørredam, M. L. (2021). European Journal of Public Health, 31(4), 705–707.
- First perinatal psychiatric episode among refugee and family-reunified immigrant women compared to Danish-born women: a register-based study
Castaner, M.M., Villadsen, S.F., Petersen, Norredam M. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 56, 2239–2250 (2021).
- Incidence of stroke, transient ischaemic attack and determinants of poststroke mortality among immigrants in Denmark, 2004‒2018: a population-based cohort study
Mkoma G.F., Johnsen S.P., Iversen H.K., Andersen G., Norredam M. BMJ Open 2021;11:e049347.
- Waiting for family reunification and the risk of mental disorders among refugee fathers: a 24-year longitudinal cohort study from Denmark
Hvidtfeldt, C., Petersen, J. H., & Norredam, M. (2021). Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology.
- Vaccination needs and use of preventive healthcare services among undocumented migrant children in Denmark
Parellada, C. B., Boye, M. C. & Nørredam, M. L., 2021, I: Acta Paediatrica, International Journal of Paediatrics. 110, 6, s. 1932-1934 3 s.
- The effect of migration on the incidence and mortality of bloodstream infection: a Danish register-based cohort study
Nielsen, R. T., Norredam, M., Schonheyder, H. C., Petersen, J. H., Knudsen, J. D., Jarlov, J. O., & Andersen, C. Ø. (2021). Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 27(10), 1474-1480.
- Feasibility and acceptability of Problem Management Plus with Emotional Processing (PM plus EP) for refugee youth living in the Netherlands: study protocol
Alozkan Sever, C., Cuijpers, P., Mittendorfer-Rutz, E., Bryant, R. A., Dawson, K. S., Holmes, E. A., Mooren, T., Norredam, M. L., & Sijbrandij, M. (2021). European Journal of Psychotraumatology, 12(1), .
- Does Class Proportion of Students with Non-Western Origin in High Schools Affect Drinking Habits Among Ethnic Danish Students?
Hoffmann, S. H., Pisinger, V. S. C., Norredam, M., Tolstrup, J. S., & Thygesen, L. C. (2021). Alcohol and Alcoholism, 56(4), 443-450.
- Health screening among children newly granted asylum in Denmark
Frederiksen, N. W., Christoffersen, N. M., Haugaard, A. K., Ahmadi, A., Poulsen, A., Norredam, M., & Kruse, A. (2021). Acta Paediatrica, International Journal of Paediatrics, 110(8), 2389-2395.
- “I Just Want Some Clear Answers”: Challenges and Tactics Adopted by Migrants in Denmark When Accessing Health Risk Information about COVID-19
Brønholt, R. L. L., Langer Primdahl, N., Jensen, A. M. B., Verelst, A., Derluyn, I., & Skovdal, M. (2021). International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(17).
- How a School Setting Can Generate Social Capital for Young Refugees: Qualitative Insights from a Folk High School in Denmark
Borsch AS; Skovdal M; Jervelund S. Journal of Refugee Studies Vol. 0, No. 0. 2019.
- Need for Ensuring Cultural Competence in Medical Programmes of European Universities.
Sørensen J; Nørredam M; Suurmond J; Carter-Pokras O; Garcia-Ramirez M; Krasnik A. BMC Medical Education 2019. 19:21.
The socio-economic gradient in children's test-scores - a comparison between the U.S. and Denmark.
de Montgomery, CJ & Sievertsen, HH (2019). Danish Journal of Economics, 2019:1, pp. 1-25.
Non-communicable diseases among refugees claimants in Greek refugee camps – are their healthcare needs met?
Jervelund SS, Nordheim O, Stathopoulou T, and Eikemo TA. (2019) Journal of Refugee Studies, 32 (1). pp. 36-51.
Undocumented migrant children in Denmark present with diverse health needs and sometimes have critical health conditions.
Parellada, CB, Funge, JK, Boye, MC, & Norredam, M (2019). Acta Paediatrica.
Heterogeneity/granularity in ethnicity classifications project: the need for refining assessment of health status,
Villarroel, N, Davidson, E., Pereyra-Zamora, P, Krasnik, A, & Bhopal, R (2019). European Journal of Public Health. 29. pp. 260-266.
Psychiatric healthcare utilisation among refugee adolescents and their peers in Denmark.
de Montgomery, CJ, Pedersen, JH, & Jervelund, SS. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology,
- Advancing a unified, global effort to address health disadvantages associated with migration, ethnicity and race.
Krasnik A, Bhopal RS, Gruer L, Kumanyika SK. European Journal of Public Health, Volume 28, Issue suppl_1, 01.05.2018
- An estimate of the effect of waiting time in the Danish asylum system on post-resettlement employment among refugees: Separating the pure delay effect from the effects of the conditions under which refugees are waiting. PLOS ONE. 2018;13(11). e0206737.
Hvidtfeldt C, Schultz-Nielsen ML, Tekin E, Fosgerau M.
- Bloodstream infections among migrants in Denmark. European Journal of Public Health. 2018;28(Supplement 1):165
Nielsen R, Andersen C, Schønheyder H, Petersen J, Nørredam M.
- Comparing long-term risk of psychiatric diagnoses among refugees with different length of time waiting in the Danish asylum system. A register-based cohort study. European Journal of Public Health. 2018;28(Supplement 1):48. 3.2-O1
- Cross-border health services utilization and the role of trust in the Danish Healthcare System and among immigrants in Denmark: a combined survey and registry study. European Journal of Public Health. 2018;28(Supplement 1):43.
Zapata M, Krasnik A, Rosthøj S, Hansen KS, Jervelund S.
- Differences in initiation and discontinuation of preventive medications and use of non-pharmacological interventions after acute coronary syndrome among migrants and Danish-born. Eur Heart J.
Frederiksen HW, Zwisler A-D, Johnsen SP, Öztürk B, Lindhardt T, Norredam M. 30-04-2018
- Diminishing social inequality between refugee children and their peers growing up in Denmark
J.de Montgomery, C; Holm Petersen, J; Smith Jervelund, S. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, 25.9.2018.
- Ethnic differences in cardiovascular morbidity and mortality among patients with breast cancer in the Netherlands: a register-based cohort study.
Deen, L; Buddeke, L; Vaartjes, I; Bots, ML; Nørredam, M; Agyemang, C. BMJ Open 2018. 17-08-2018 ;8(8).
- Ethnic inequalities in child and adolescent health in the Scandinavian welfare states: The role of parental socioeconomic status – a systematic review
Mock-muñoz de Luna, C; Vitus, K; Torslev, MK; Krasnik, A; Jervelund, SS. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health, 29.6.2018.
- Health, Education and Employment Outcomes in Young Refugees in the Nordic Countries: A Systematic Review.
Borsch, AS; de Montgomery, CJ; Gauffin, K; Eide, K; Heikkilä, E; Jervelund, SS. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health, 01.08.2018.
- How social media is transforming the spreading of knowledge: Implications for our perceptions concerning vaccinations and migrant health. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 2018;46(2):167-169.
- Human papillomavirus immunization uptake among girls with a refugee background compared with Danish-born girls: a national register-based cohort study. European Journal of Cancer Prevention. 2018 Jan;27(1):42–45
P. Møller S, Kristiansen M, Norredam M.
- Improving the health of migrants in Europe – a challenge and an opportunity.
Krasnik A, Michaëlis C. In : Dias S, Simoes J, Barros PP (eds). Migration and Health. Lissabon, Almedina, 2018, pp. 119-130.
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders among Accompanied and Unaccompanied Asylum-seeking Children in Denmark: A Nation-wide Register-based Cohort Study.
Norredam, M; Nellums, L; Nielsen, RS; Byberg, S; Petersen, JH. European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 2018:27.
- Know where to go: evidence from a controlled trial of a healthcare system information intervention among immigrants.
Jervelund, SS; Maltesen, T; Wimmelmann, CL; Petersen, JH; Krasnik, A. BMC Public Health, 2018.
- Multimorbidity and mortality thereof, among non-western refugees and family reunification immigrants in Denmark: A register-based cohort study. BMC Public Health. 2018;18(1). 844.
Taleshan N, Petersen JH, Schioetz ML, Juul-Larsen HG, Norredam M.
- Promoting the inclusion and well-being of young refugees: lessons from a Danish folk high school. European Journal of Public Health. 2018;28(Supplement 1):92-93.
Borsch A, Jervelund S, Skovdal M.
- Psychiatric Disorders and Predictors Hereof Among Refugee Children in Early Adulthood: A Register-Based Cohort Study. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. 2018;206(1):3-10.
Barghadouch A, Carlsson J, Norredam M.
- Public discourses of Ebola contagion and courtesy stigma: The real risk to international health care workers returning home from the West Africa Ebola outbreak? Qualitative Health Research. 2018;28(9):1499-1508.
Gee S, Skovdal M.
- Refugees and family-reunified immigrants have a high incidence of HIV and late presentation compared with Danish-born: a nationwide register-based cohort study. European Journal of Public Health. 2018;28:83. 5.5-O5
Deen L, Cowan S, Wejse C, Holm J, Norredam M.
- Revisiting out-of-home placed children's poor educational outcomes—Is school change part of the explanation? Children and Youth Services Review. 2018;88:103-113.
Olsen RF, de Montgomery CJ.
- Tactics employed by healthcare providers in Denmark to determine the vaccination needs of asylum-seeking children: A qualitative study. B M C Health Services Research. 2018;18. 859.
S. Nakken C, Nørredam ML, Skovdal M.
- The coordination of health reception for refugee children in the Nordic countries. European Journal of Public Health. 2018;28:300.
Barghadouch A, Michaelis C.
- The influence of contextual factors on granular ethnic classifications in Europe: results from the Heterogeneity/Granularity in Ethnic Classifications (HGEC) project. European Journal of Public Health. 2018;28(suppl. 1):79.
Davidson E, Villarroel-Williams N, Pereyra-Zamora P, Krasnik A, Bhopal R.
- Transmitting trauma: a systematic review of the risk of child abuse perpetrated by parents exposed to traumatic events
Montgomery, E; Just-Østergaard, E; Smith Jervelund, S. Internation Journal of Public Health, 01.12.2018
- Vaccination status and needs of asylum-seeking children in Denmark: A retrospective data analysis. Public Health. 2018;158:110-116.
S. Nakken C, Skovdal M, B. Nellums L, S. Friedland J, Hargreaves S, Nørredam ML.
- What can we learn from unaccompanied refugee adolescents' perspectives on mental health care in exile?
Jarlby, F; Goosen, S; Derluyn, I; Vitus, K; Smith Jervelund, S. European Journal of Pediatrics 2018.
- Why we shouldn't use the term "illegal migrant" Talking about migration requires careful choice of words. B M J. 2018;363.
Ingleby D, Bhopal RS, Gruer L, Krasnik A, Pace P, Petrova-Benedict R.
- A Systematic Review of Risk and Protective Factors Associated with Family Related Violence in Refugee Families.
Timshel, I; Montgomery, E; Dalgaard, N. Child Abuse & Neglect, 70, 2017:315-330.
- Assessing Trauma and Mental Health in Refugee Children and Youth: a Systematic Review of Validated Screening and Measurement Tools.
Gadeberg, AK; Montgomery, E; Frederiksen, HW; Nørredam, M. European Journal of Public Health, 2017; 27(3):439-46.
- Cultural competence in medical education: A questionnaire study of Danish medical teachers' perceptions of and preparedness to teach cultural competence.
Sorensen J; Jervelund SS; Norredam M; Kristiansen M; Krasnik A. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 2017.
- Enhancing cultural competence in medical education.
Sorensen J; Norredam M; Dogra N; Essink-Bot ML; Suurmond J; Krasnik A. International Journal of Medical Education. 2017, 8:28-30.
- Health Policies for Migrant Children in Europe and Australia.
Hjern, A; Østergaard, LS; Norredam, M; de Luna, CM; Goldfeld, S. Lancet, 2017: 389(10066):249.
- Ignorance is not bliss: The Effect of Systematic Information on Immigrants' Knowledge of and Satisfaction with the Danish Healthcare System.
Jervelund, SS; Maltesen, T; Wimmelmann, CL; Petersen, JH; Krasnik, A. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health, 2017:1.
- Migrant Health: The Economic Argument.
Trummer, U; Krasnik, A. European Journal of Public Health, 2017;27(4).
- Restricted Health Care Entitlements for Child Migrants in Europe and Australia.
Østergaard, LS; Norredam, M; de Luna, CM; Blair, M; Goldfeld, S; Hjern, A. European Journal of Public Health. 2017;27(5):869-873.
- The Transgenerational Transmission of Refugee Trauma: Family Functioning and Children's Psychosocial Adjustment.
Dalgaard, N; Montgomery, E. International Journal of Migration, Health and Social Care, 2017.
- Utilization of Health Care Services by Migrants in Europe - a Systematic Literature Review.
Graetz, V; Rechel, B; Groot, W; Norredam, M; Pavlova, M. British Medical Bulletin, 2017; 1;121(1):5-18.
- "What kept me going": A Qualitative Study of Avoidant Responses to War-related Adversity and Perpetration of Violence by Former Forcible Recruited Children and Youth in the Acholi Region of Northern Uganda.
Harnisch, H; Montgomery, E. Social Science and Medicine 188, 2017:100-108.
- Care during pregnancy and childbirth for migrant women : How do we advance? Development of intervention studies - The case of the MAMAACT intervention in Denmark.
Villadsen SF; Mortensen LH; Andersen AMN. Best Practice & Research: Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology.2016;100-12.
- Challenged assumptions and invisible effects: an explorative case study of a health education intervention addressing immigrants.
Wimmelmann CL; Vitus K; Jervelund SS. International Journal of Migration, Health and Social Care, 2016.
- Difference in uptake of immunisations and health examinations among refugee children compared to Danish-born children:a cohort study.
Moller SP; Hjern A; Andersen AM; Norredam M; Eur J Pediatr. 2016 (4) 539-549.
- Higher rate of serious perinatal events in non-Western women in Denmark.
Christensen MB; Villadsen SF; Weber T; Wilken-Jensen C; Andersen AMN. Danish Medical Journal. 2016;63(3).
- Human papillomavirus immunization uptake among girls with a refugee background compared with Danish-born girls: a national register-based cohort study.
Møller SP; Kristiansen M; Norredam M. European J Cancer Prev. 2016.1. Web.
- Loneliness and Ethnic Composition of the School Class : A Nationally Random Sample of Adolescents.
Madsen KR; Damsgaard MT; Rubin M; Jervelund SS; Lasgaard M; Walsh S; Stevens G; Holstein BE. Journal of Youth and Adolescence. 2016.
- Loneliness, immigration background and self-identified ethnicity : a nationally representative study of adolescents in Denmark.
Madsen KR; Damsgaard MT; Jervelund SS; Christensen U; Stevens G; Walsh S; Koushede V; Nielsen L; Due P; Holstein BE. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies. 2016;42(12):1977-95.
- Morbidity, self-perceived health and mortality among non-Western Immigrants and their descendants in Denmark in a life phase perspective.
Jervelund SS; Malik S; Ahlmark N; Villadsen SF; Nielsen AL; Vitus K. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. 2016.
- Psychiatric Disorders and Predictors Hereof Among Refugee Children in Early Adulthood : A Register-Based Cohort Study.
Barghadouch, A; Carlsson, J; Norredam, M. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 01.08.2016, s. 1-8.
- Refugee children have fewer contacts to psychiatric healthcare services : an analysis of a subset of refugee children compared to Danish-born peers.
Barghadouch, A; Kristiansen, M; Jervelund, SS; Hjern, A; Montgomery, E; Nørredam, M. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, Vol. 51, N. 8, 08.2016, s. 1125-1136.
- Return Migrants’ Experience of Access to Care in Corrupt Healthcare Systems: The Bosnian Example.
Handlos LN; Olwig KF; Bygbjerg IC; Nørredam ML. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2016;13(9),924:1-12.
- Stillbirth and congenital anomalies in migrants in Europe.
Andersen AMN; Gundlund A; Villadsen SF. Best Practice & Research: Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2016;32:50-59.
- Use of healthcare services in the region of origin among patients with an immigrant background in Denmark: a qualitative study of the motives.
Lokdam N; Kristiansen M; Handlos LN; Nørredam ML. BMC Health Services Research.2016;16(99):1-10.
- A Register-Based Study of Diseases With an Autosomal Recessive Origin in Small Children in Denmark According to Maternal Country of Origin.
Gundlund A; Hansen AV; Pedersen GS; Villadsen SF; Mortensen LH; Brøndum-Nielsen K; Andersen AMN. Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology. 2015;29(4):351–59.
- Cardiovascular disease incidence and survival: Are migrants always worse off?
Byberg S; Agyemang C; Zwisler AD; Krasnik A; Norredam M. European Journal of Epidemiology. 2015.
- Categorizations of migrants and ethnic minorities : are they useful for decisions on public health interventions?
Krasnik A. European Journal of Public Health. 2015;25(6):907-907.
- Coronary heart disease incidence among non-Western immigrants compared to Danish-born people : effect of country of birth, migrant status, and income.
Bo A; Zinckernagel L; Krasnik A; Petersen JH; Nørredam ML. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology. 2015; 22(10):1281-89.
- Ethnicity and children's diets: the practices and perceptions of mothers in two minority ethnic groups in Denmark.
Nielsen AL; Krasnik A; Holm Lotte. Maternal and Child Nutrition. 2015;11(4):948–61.
- Healthcare system information at language schools for newly arrived immigrants: A pertinent setting in times of austerity Journal.
Tynell L; Wimmelmann C; Jervelund SS. Health Education. 2015.
- Migrants’ perception of ageing in Denmark and attitudes towards remigration: findings from a qualitative study.
Kristiansen M; Kessing LL; Norredam M; Krasnik A. BMC Health Services Research. 2015;15:225.
- Return Migration among Elderly, Chronically Ill Bosnian Refugees: Does Health Matter?
Handlos LN; Olwig KF; Bygbjerg IC; Kristiansen M; Norredam ML. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2015.
- Suicide among immigrants in Europe—a systematic literature review.
Spallek J; Reeske A; Norredam N; Nielsen SS; Lehnhardt, J. Razum O. European Journal of Public Health. 2015;25(1):63-71.
- Survey non-response among ethnic minorities in a national health survey—a mixed method study of participation, barriers and potentials.
Ahlmark N; Friis-Holmberg T; Holst M; Norredam M; Nielsen SS; Blom A; Bo A; Juel K. Ethnicity and Health. 2015;20(6):611-32.
- Use and preference of advice on small children's food: differences between parents from ethnic minority, ethnic majority, and mixed households.
Nielsen AL; Krasnik A; Vassard D; Holm L. Journal of Health Communication. 2015;20(12):1397-1405.
- Use of cross-border healthcare among immigrants.
Jervelund SS; Handlos LN. Handbook on Medical Tourism and Patient Mobility. Neil L, Daniel H, Johanna H. Cheltenham, UK:Edward Elgar Publishing, Incorporated. 2015;228-37.
- Wellbeing or welfare benefits—what are the drivers for migration?
Handlos LN; Kristiansen M; Norredam ML. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- Breastfeeding Practices in Relation to Country of Origin Among Women Living in Denmark:A Population-Based Study.
Busck-Rasmussen M; Villadsen SF; Norsker FN; Mortensen L; Andersen ANM. Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2014;18(10):2479-88.
- Cancer mortality does not differ between migrants and Danish-born patients.
Nørredam ML; Larsen MO; Petersen JH; Krasnik A; Hutchings M. Danish Medical Journal. 2014.
- Duration of residence and disease occurrence among refugees and family reunited immigrants: test of the 'healthy migrant effect' hypothesis.
Norredam M; Agyemang C; Hoejbjerg Hansen OK; Petersen JH; Byberg S; Krasnik A; Kunst AE. Tropical medicine & international health: TM & IH. 2014.
- Opportunities for healthier child feeding. Does ethnic position matter? – Self-reported evaluation of family diet and impediments to change among parents with majority and minority status in Denmark.
Nielsen A; Krasnik A; Vassard D; Holm L. Appetite. 2014; 78:122-28.
- Patient Experienced Continuity of Care in the Psychiatric Healthcare System—A Study Including Immigrants, Refugees and Ethnic Danes.
Jensen NK; Johansen KS; Kastrup M; Krasnik A; Nørredam M. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2014.
- Remigration of migrants with severe disease : myth or reality?— a register-based cohort study.
Norredam M; Hansen OH; Petersen JH; Kunst AE; Kristiansen M; Krasnik A; Agyemang C. The European Journal of Public Health. 2014; 84–89.
- Sundhedsprofessionelles oplevelser af møder med etniske minoriteter i behandling af type 2 diabetes.
Jensen S; Nielsen SS; Hempler NF. Ugeskrift for Læger. 2014;8176(50).
- Undocumented migrants have diverse health problems.
Ehmsen BK; Biswas D; Jensen NK; Krasnik A; Norredam M. Danish Medical Journal. 2014.
- Access to health care and health outcomes for asylum seekers in Denmark.
Nørredam M; Frederiksen HW. I: Ethnicity: Theories, International Perspectives and Challenges. Agyemang C (ed.), Collins O. Airhihenbuwa (ed.), AMA De-graft Aikins (ed.) Nova Science. 2013.
- Do immigrants from Turkey, Pakistan and Ex-Yugoslavia with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes initiate recommended statin therapy to the same extent as Danish-born residents? A nationwide register study.
Sanchez-Ramirez DC; Krasnik A; Kildemoes HW. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 2013; nr. 69, pp. 87-95.
- Health-reception of newly arrived documented migrants in Europe—why, whom, what and how?
Frederiksen HW; Kamper-Jørgensen Z; Agyemang C; Krasnik A; Norredam M. European Journal of Public Health. 2013;23(5):725-26.
- How do general practitioners experience providing l care for refugees with mental health problems? A qualitative study from Denmark.
Nielsen NK; Norredam M; Priebe S; Krasnik A. BMC Family Practice. 2013;14:17.
- Issues to Consider When Measuring and Applying Socioeconomic Position Quantitatively in Immigrant Health Research.
Nielsen SS; Hempler NF; Krasnik A. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health. 2013;10: 6354-65.
- Policies of access to healthcare services for accompanied asylum-seeking children in the Nordic countries.
Sandahl H; Norredam M; Hjern A; Ascher H; Nielsen SS. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 2013;41(6):630-36.
- Sundhedsforhold hos nyankomne indvandrere.
Frederiksen HW; Nørredam ML. Forskningscenter for Migration Etnicitet og Sundhed (MESU), Institut for Sundhedstjenesteforskning, Københavns Universitet. 2013.
- Are there differences in injury mortality among refugees and immigrants compared with native-born?
Norredam M; Olsbjerg M; Petersen JH; Laursen B; Krasnik A. Injury prevention: journal of the International Society for Child and Adolescent Injury Prevention, 2012;19(2):100–5.
- Health Inequalities and Risk Factors among Migrants and Ethnic Minorities.
Ingleby D; Krasnik A; Lorant V; Razum O. COST Series on Health and Diversity - Vol 1:Antwerp-Apeldoorn: Garant Publishers, 2012.
- Interpreting ethnic inequalities in healthcare consumption: a conceptual framework for research.
Essink-Bot ML; Lamkaddem M; Jellema P; Nielsen SS; Stronks K; Eur J Public Health. 2012.
- Is there equity in use of healthcare services among immigrants, their descendents, and ethnic Danes?
Nielsen SS; Hempler NF; Waldorff FB; Kreiner S; Krasnik A. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 2012;40:260–70.
- Policies and practices in the health-related reception of quota refugees in Denmark.
Frederiksen HW; Krasnik A; Nørredam M. Danish Medical Journal. 2012;59(1):A4352.
- Self-perceived need for interpreter among immigrants in Denmark.
Harpelund L; Nielsen SS; Krasnik A. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 2012; 0:1–9.
- Tolkebrug i det danske sundhedsvæsen.
Hansen MTL; Nielsen SS. Ugeskrift for Læger. 2012;2.
- Use of Cross-Border Healthcare Services among Ethnic Danes, Turkish Immigrants and Turkish Descendants in Denmark: a combined survey and registry study.
Nielsen SS; Yazici S; Petersen SG; Blaakilde AL; Krasnik A. BMC Health Services Research. 2012;13;12(1):390.
- Access to healthcare and alternative health-seeking strategies among undocumented migrants in Denmark.
Biswas D; Kristiansen MK; Krasnik A; Norredam M. BMC Public Health. 2011,11.
- A registry-based follow-up study, comparing the incidence of cardiovascular disease in native Danes and immigrants born in Turkey, Pakistan and the former Yugoslavia: Do social inequalities play a role?
Hempler NF; Larsen FB; Nielsen SS; Diderichsen F; Andreasen AH; Jorgensen T. BMC Public Health. 2011;11:662.
- Asylbørn i Danmark - En barndom i undtagelsestilstand.
Vitus K; Nielsen SS. Hans Reitzels forlag. 2011.
- Equity in Access to healthcare services for migrants – a comparative study.
Nielsen SS. PhD Thesis, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, 2011.
- Good practice in health care for migrants: views and experiences of care professionals in 16 European countries.
Priebe S; Sandhu S; Dias S; Gaddini A; Greacen T; Ioannidis E; Kluge U; Krasnik A; Lamkaddem M; Lorant V; Riera RP; Sarvary A; Soares JF; Stankunas M; Straßmayr C; Wahlbeck K; Welbel M; Bogic M. BMC Public Health. 2011;11:187.
- Inequality in self-rated health among immigrants, their descendants and ethnic Danes: examining the role of socioeconomic position.
Dinesen C; Nielsen SS; Mortensen LH; Krasnik A. Int JPublic Health. 2011.
- Migrants access to health services.
Nørredam M; Krasnik A. In: Migration and health in the European Union. Rechel, B; Mladovsky P; Devillé W; Rijks B; Petrova-Benedict R; McKee M (eds). London: European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies Series. 2011;67-80.
- Migrantstatus og adgang til sundhedsydelser i Danmark.
Jensen NK; Nielsen SS; Krasnik A. Ugeskrift for Laeger. 2011;173(34):2038-41.
- Mortality from infectious diseases among refugees and immigrants compared to native Danes: a historical prospective cohort study.
Norredam M; Olsbjerg M; Petersen JH; Bygbjerg I; Krasnik A. Tropical Medicine and International Health. 2011.
- Participation in mammography screening among migrants and non-migrants in Denmark.
Kristiansen M; Thorsted BL; Krasnik A; Von Euler-Chelpin M. Acta Oncologica, 2011;1-9.
- Providing Medical Care for Undocumented Migrants in Denmark: What Are the Challenges for Health Professionals?
Jensen NK; Norredam M; Draebel T; Bogic M; Priebe S; Krasnik A. BMC Health Services Research. 2011;11:154.
- A qualitative assessment of implementing a cross- cultural survey on cancer wards in Denmark – a description of barriers.
Kristiansen M; Hassani A; Krasnik A. BMC Medical Research Methodology. 2010;10(4).
- Etnisk ulighed i sundhed blandt gravid og spædbørn.
Krasnik A. Ugeskrift for Læger.2010;172:29.
- Expert opinion on “best practices” in the delivery of health care services to immigrants in Denmark
Jensen NK; Nielsen SS; Krasnik A. Danish Medical Bulletin. 2010;57(8):A4170.
- Migrants’ utilization of somatic healthcare services in Europe – a systematic review.
Norredam M; Nielsen SS; Krasnik A. European Journal of Public Health. 2010;20(5):555-63.
- Poorer self-perceived health among migrants and ethnic minorities versus the majority population in Europe: a systematic review.
Nielsen SS; Krasnik A. Int J Public Health. 2010;55(5):357-71.
- Quality of Cancer Care Among Foreign-Born and US-Born Patients With Lung or Colorectal Cancer.
Nielsen SS; He Y; Ayanian JZ; Gomez SL; Kahn KL; West DW; Keating NL. Cancer Journal. 2010.
- Risk of mental disorders in family reunification migrants and native Danes: a register-based historically prospective cohort study.
Norredam M; Garcia-Lopez A; Keiding N; Krasnik A. Int J Public Health. 2010, 55:413–19.
- Sometimes You Just Have to Walk Alone”—Meanings of Emotional Support Among Danish-Born and Migrant Cancer Patients.
Kristiansen M; Tjørnhøj-Thomsen T; Krasnik A. Journal of Psychosocial Oncology. 2010;28:699-717.
- The benefit of meeting a stranger: Experiences with emotional support provided by nurses among Danish-born and migrant cancer patients.
Kristiansen M; Tjørnhøj-Thomsen T; Krasnik A. European Journal of Oncology Nursing 2010.
- Betydning af opholdstid og antal flytninger på asylbørns psykiske helbred - sekundærpublikation.
Nielsen SS; Nørredam M; Christiansen KL; Obel C; Hilden J; Krasnik, A. Ugeskrift for læger. 2009;171(12):981-4.
- Excess use of coercive measures in psychiatry among migrants compared with native Danes.
Norredam M; Garcia-Lopez A; Keiding N; Krasnik A. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2009.
- Pas også på mig! - efterspillet om asylbørnsdebatten i Danmark.
Nielsen SS; Christiansen KL. Psykiatriinformation. 2009;4:14-16.
- Register data for cross-country comparisons of migrants' healthcare utilization in the EU: a survey study of availability and content.
Nielsen SS; Krasnik A; Rosano A. BMC Health Services Research. 2009;9:210.
- Risk of mental disorders in refugees and native Danes: a register-based retrospective cohort study.
Norredam M; Garcia-Lopez A; Keiding N; Krasnik A. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2009.
- Asylbørn - en barndom i ingenmandsland.
Nielsen SS; Nørredam ML; Krasnik A. Historie og Samfundsfag. 2008;2(1):5-8.
- Differences in stage of disease between migrant women and native Danish women diagnosed with cancer: results from a population-based cohort study.
Norredam M; Krasnik A; Pipper C; Keiding N. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2008;17(3):185-90.
- Hospitalspersonale har forskellige holdninger til indvandrerpatienter.
Nielsen AS; Krasnik A; Michaelsen JJ; Nørredam M; Torres, AM. Ugeskrift for Læger. 2008;170(7):541-4.
- Mental health among children seeking asylum in Denmark--the effect of length of stay and number of relocations: a cross-sectional study.
Nielsen SS; Norredam M; Christiansen KL; Obel C; Hilden J; Krasnik A. BMC Public Health. 2008;19(8):293.
- Migrants’ access to healthcare (secondary publication).
Norredam M; Nielsen AS; Krasnik A. Danish Medical Bulletin. 2007;54:48-9.
- Motivation and relevance of emergency room visits among immigrants and patients of Danish origin.
Norredam M; Mygind A; Nielsen AS; Bagger J; Krasnik A. European Journal of Public Health 2007;17:497-502.
- The effect of patient origin and relevance of contact on patient and caregiver satisfaction in the emergency room.
Mygind A; Norredam M; Nielsen AS; Bagger J; Krasnik A. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 2008;36:76-83.
- Cancer incidence among 1st generation migrants compared to native Danes – A retrospective cohort study.
Norredam M; Krasnik A; Pipper C; Keiding N. European Journal of Cancer. 2007;43:2717-21.
- Health effects of migration (secondary publication).
Kristiansen M; Mygind A; Krasnik A. Danish Medical Bulletin. 2007;54:46-47.
- Mental Health among Asylum-seeking Children in Denmark
Nielsen SS; Nørredam M; Christiansen KL; Olsen C; Krasnik A. Ugeskrift for læger. 2007;169(43):3660-65.
- Access to health care for asylum seekers in the European Union – a comparative study of country policies.
Norredam M; Mygind A; Krasnik A. European Journal of Public Health. 2006;16:286-90.
- Access to health care for undocumented immigrants. Rights and practice.
Hansen AR; Krasnik A; Høg E. Ugeskrift for Læger. 2006;168(36):3011-3. Republished in: Dan Med Bull. 2007;54(1):50-1.
- Adgang til sundhedsydelser for udokumenterede indvandrere: rettigheder og praksis.
Hansen AR; Krasnik A; Høg E. Ugeskrift for Læger. 2006;168:3011-13.
- Etniske minoriteters opfattelse af sygdomsrisici – betydningen af etnicitet og migration.
Mygind A; Kristiansen M; Krasnik A; Nørredam M. København: Sundhedsstyrelsen. 2006.
- Forebyggelse og sundhedsfremme for etniske minoriteter.
Kristiansen M; Mygind A; Krasnik A; Nørredam M. Målgruppeinddragelse og organisatorisk forankring. København: Sundhedsstyrelsen. 2006.
- International migration og sundhed – en udfordring til forskning og sundhedspolitik i Danmark.
Dyhr L; Krasnik A. Ugeskrift for Læger 2006;168:2651-53.
- Sundhedsmæssige konsekvenser af migration.
Kristiansen MK; Mygind A; Krasnik A. Ugeskrift for Læger. 2006;186:3006-7.
- Cooperating with a palliative home-care team: expectations and evaluations of GPs and district nurse.
Goldschmidt D; Groenvold M; Johnsen AT; Strömgren AS; Krasnik A; Scmidt L. Palliative Medicine. 2005;19:241-50.
- Emergency room utilisation in Copenhagen in a comparison between immigrants and Danish born residents.
Norredam M; Krasnik A; Sorensen TM; Keiding N; Michaelsen JJ; Nielsen AS. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 2004;32:53-59.
- Health professionals' knowledge, attitudes, and experiences in relation to immigrant patients: a questionnaire study at a Danish hospital.
Michaelsen JJ; Krasnik A; Nielsen AS; Norredam ML; Torres AM. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 2004;32(4):287-95.
- Effect of ethnic background on Danish hospital utilisation patterns.
Krasnik A; Norredam ML; Sorensen TM; Michaelsen JJ; Nielsen AS; Keiding N. Social Science and Medicine. 2002;55(7):1207-11.
- Diagnostic patterns and length of stay at Bispebjerg Hospital amongst immigrants compared to patients born in Denmark.
Krasnik A; Michaelsen JJ; Nørredam M; Nielsen AS. Health and Disease in Copenhagen. Copenhagen: Department of prevention and public health, 2000.
- Indvandrerkvinders adgang til det danske sundhedsvæsen.
Nørredam M; Krasnik A; Petersen JH. Ugeskrift for Læger. 1999;161:4385-88.
- Effect of social class on tumour size at diagnosis and surgical treatment in Danish women with breast cancer.
Nørredam M; Grønvold M; Petersen JH; Krasnik A. Soc Sci Med. 1998;47:1659-65.
- The concept of equity in health services research.
Krasnik A. Scandinavian Journal of Social Medicine. 1996;24:2-7.